Sodium picosulphate 10 MG
4X5X10 TABS (BLISTER PACK)
Sodium picosulfate (INN, also known as sodium picosulphate) is a contact stimulant laxative used as a treatment for constipation or to prepare the large bowel before colonoscopy or surgery.
Orally administered sodium picosulfate is generally used for thorough evacuation of the bowel, usually for patients who are preparing to undergo a colonoscopy. It takes 12–24 hours to work, since it works in the colon.Abdominal cramps and diarrhea are normal effects of picosulfate and should be expected.The use of sodium picosulfate has also been associated with certain electrolyte disturbances, such as hyponatremia and hypokalemia. Patients are often required to drink large amounts of clear fluids, to compensate for dehydration and to reestablish normal electrolyte balance.
SIDE EFFECTS :
- Serious Fluid and Electrolyte Abnormalities
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Use in Patients with Renal Impairment
- Colonic Mucosal Ulceration, Ischemic Colitis and Ulcerative Colitis
- Use in Patients with Significant Gastrointestinal Disease
- Risk of Vomiting and Other Gastrointestinal Complications with Ingestion of Undissolved Powder.