Nitroglycerin is indicated for various purposes. It is indicated to prevent and treat angina or chest pain due to cardiovascular disease, as well as to treat peri-operative hypertension or induce intra-operative hypotension. It is also indicated to treat acute heart failure in patients with myocardial infarction.
Nitroglycerin is used in the treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain). Nitroglycerin is a nitrate. It works by relaxing the blood vessels which decreases the oxygen demand of the heart and reduces its workload, thereby preventing/treating attacks of angina (chest pain)
- Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet.
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, “pins and needles”, or tingling feelings.
- difficult or labored breathing.
- feeling faint, dizzy, or lightheadedness.
- feeling of warmth or heat.