Composition : Mupirocin IP 2.0% w/w
- Methyl Paraben IP 01.%w/w
- Propyl Paraben IP 0.02%w/w
Packing : 1X2.0%w/w /5gm
- Mupirocin is used as a topical treatment for bacterial skin infections, for example, furuncle, impetigo, open wounds, which are typically due to infection by Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes.
- It is also useful in the treatment of superficial methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections.
- Impetigo (school sores)
- Furunculosis (boils)
- Infected dermatoses such as eczema, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, epidermolysis bullosa, and ichthyosis
- Infected traumatic lesions such as ulcers, minor burns, abrasions, cuts, wounds
Mupirocin ointment can also be used prophylactically to prevent development of infection and promote healing in minor burns, biopsy sites, minor cuts and other clean lesions.
Side effect :